Taking questions from Mira and Dan Wilson, Tom and Dan discuss feeling uneasy while charging high prices as a newbie with limited experience and what contractors can do to maintain and care for their mental health.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Question 1: As a newcomer to the contracting industry with limited experience, I feel apprehensive about charging “high prices.” What advice can you give me?
- High or low price is subjective to the consumer.
- Charge whatever the formulas tell you, no matter how high or low you think it is.
- As a newbie, you’re more hungrier than others, so you need to take advantage of that.
- Understanding why the client wants to do the project is what makes you valuable.
- Question 2: I believe contractors are overlooking mental health. What do you recommend for clearing your head and resetting your brain?
- Playing golf, reading philosophy, and meditating can be great mental health support methods.
- Be clear on the controlling and controllable things in your day and life.
Submit your questions to email@example.com with the subject “Podcast” and Tom and Dan will try to answer them on an upcoming show.
Are you stealing money from your family because you aren’t charging enough for your services? Discover what you SHOULD be charging. Download our 50% Gross Profit cheat sheet: https://thecontractorfight.com/50
== Join us in BATTLEGROUND ==
Everything your contracting business needs in one comprehensive program with three main focus areas: Leadership, Communication, and Numbers. For more info check out: https://TheContractorFight.com/Battleground
== Order your free copy of Tom’s book Winning the Contractor Fight (Just pay to ship) == https://thecontractorfight.com/book
== Grab the Gear ==
== Find Us on Social Media ==
== Rate the Podcast ==
Help your fellow contractors find the podcast! Please leave a rating/review!