“I’m literally the poster child for what The Contractor Fight produces when followed. And everything I know and I’m implementing is basically the result of the fight.”– Aaron Harshaw
Aaron is a former pastor and now a general contractor in a small town in Kansas. He started his company, Harshaw Home Renovators, on September 1st, 2018. During their conversation, Tom and Aaron discussed Aaron’s business, some of the lessons he has learned, and what it means to love and support your team.
In this episode, we talk about…
- The things Aaron learned from the ministry and applied to his business — Active listening and helping people fix things that they can’t do on their own
- Aaron’s way of showing his team that they’re loved and valued
- Why Aaron has niched his company to specialize in kitchens, baths, basements, and custom decks
- The biggest business mistake he made in his career — accepting $108,000 for a project that was supposed to cost $275,000
- Valuable lessons Aaron has learned from being a part of The Fight.
- The change Aaron saw in himself after roleplaying — Gained confidence in knowing the numbers.
= Harshaw Home Renovators: https://hhrenovators.com/
= Join us in BATTLEGROUND – Everything your contracting business needs in one comprehensive program with three main focus areas: Leadership, Communication, and Numbers. For more info, check out: https://TheContractorFight.com/Battleground
= Get your free copy of Tom’s book Winning the Contractor Fight (Just pay to ship): https://thecontractorfight.com/book
= Connect with other contractors building stronger businesses in The Contractor Fight: https://thecontractorfight.com/facebook
= Grab the Gear: https://gear.thecontractorfight.com/