In this episode, Tom and Dan address the question of a contractor who is losing jobs due to labor shortage and a remodeler seeking advice on how to approach homeowners by door-knocking for remodeling jobs.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Question 1: Due to the labor shortage, I am losing jobs. I have placed job ads but have not yet heard back. My clients seem impatient upon discovering this fact and are unwilling to wait that long for the job.
- On the surface, it is a labor issue, but it is really a sales issue.
- Make the client see yourself as their best choice by digging into their motive and utilizing their emotions.
- Be honest with your client about your busy schedule.
- Consult the client about going third-party
- Question 2: How should I approach homeowners to remodel their interiors when I door knock or canvass them?
- Door knocking will not work for a remodeler.
- You’re unlikely to meet the right client when you knock on doors as a remodeler.
- The door-knocking method means you’re now up against a battle where you must create interest, build rapport, and a sales opportunity against someone searching for kitchen remodeling on Google.
Submit your questions to email@example.com with the subject “Podcast” and Tom and Dan will try to answer them on an upcoming show.
Visit our sponsors of this episode, NiceJob. NiceJob is Reputation Marketing software that will help your business collect 2-3 times more reviews on Google, Facebook, and the platforms that matter. Don’t forget to use code “Fight” for $50 off the first month on new accounts! https://www.TheContractorFight.com/nicejob
Are you stealing money from your family because you aren’t charging enough for your services? Discover what you SHOULD be charging. Download our 50% Gross Profit cheat sheet: https://thecontractorfight.com/50
== Join us in BATTLEGROUND ==
Everything your contracting business needs in one comprehensive program with three main focus areas: Leadership, Communication, and Numbers. For more info check out: https://TheContractorFight.com/Battleground
== Order your free copy of Tom’s book Winning the Contractor Fight (Just pay to ship) ==
== Grab the Gear ==