Tom and Dan answer your questions about marketing, determining how much to spend on advertising if you’re behind on your bills, getting unit rates from subs quickly, and when to follow up after receiving leads.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Question 1: How do you decide how much to spend on advertising? I don’t have a ton of leads coming in, and I’m behind on bills.
- Invest as much as you can afford, and track it.
- You’re not running your business properly if you are behind on bills as a home improvement contractor.
- If you do not have the money to invest in your marketing, you put in sweat and time as equity.
- Build your brand — it doesn’t cost a thing other than your time.
- Question 2: What is the best way to get unit rates from subs without waiting weeks?
- Help them in growing their business, understanding their numbers, etc
- Tell them a base pricing, and see how things go.
- Question 3: What’s the best time to call a prospect after receiving a lead from your website?
- Time kills deals — the best time to call is right now
- If they’ve reached out to you, put them in your sales process.
Submit your questions to email@example.com with the subject “Podcast” and Tom and Dan will try to answer them on an upcoming show.
Visit our sponsors of this episode, NiceJob. NiceJob is Reputation Marketing software that will help your business collect 2-3 times more reviews on Google, Facebook, and the platforms that matter. Don’t forget to use code “Fight” for $50 off the first month on new accounts! https://www.TheContractorFight.com/nicejob
Are you stealing money from your family because you aren’t charging enough for your services? Discover what you SHOULD be charging. Download our 50% Gross Profit cheat sheet: https://thecontractorfight.com/50
== Join us in BATTLEGROUND ==
Everything your contracting business needs in one comprehensive program with three main focus areas: Leadership, Communication, and Numbers. For more info check out: https://TheContractorFight.com/Battleground
== Order your free copy of Tom’s book Winning the Contractor Fight (Just pay to ship) ==
== Grab the Gear ==