Tom and Dan answer your questions about dealing with customers hovering over the crew during the workday and how to deal with unrealistic expectations from customers.
Question1: How do you mitigate customers hovering over the crew during the workday?
- Let them know beforehand what will happen and what you expect from them.
- Zip walls keep the customer away if you work inside.
- Handle it playfully — tell them that your people are uncomfortable and less efficient when they watch their every move.
- Ask why they are watching you and express your concerns to them — they will usually understand
Question2: How do you deal with customers’ unrealistic expectations besides walking away?
- Make sure you know all their expectations before you accept the job.
- Before you take even a penny from them, be clear and precise about the work — they’ll have no leverage at that point.
- Include them in the contract, and list them in the work order — so that there is documentation on what was discussed and agreed upon.
Submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Podcast” and Tom and Dan will try to answer them on an upcoming show.
Visit our sponsors of this episode, NiceJob. NiceJob is Reputation Marketing software that will help your business collect 2-3 times more reviews on Google, Facebook, and the platforms that matter. Don’t forget to use code “Fight” for $50 off the first month on new accounts! https://www.TheContractorFight.com/nicejob
Are you stealing money from your family because you aren’t charging enough for your services? Discover what you SHOULD be charging. Download our 50% Gross Profit cheat sheet: https://thecontractorfight.com/50
== Join us in BATTLEGROUND ==
Everything your contracting business needs in one comprehensive program with three main focus areas: Leadership, Communication, and Numbers. For more info check out: https://TheContractorFight.com/Battleground
== Order your free copy of Tom’s book Winning the Contractor Fight (Just pay to ship) == https://thecontractorfight.com/book
== Grab the Gear ==
== Find Us on Social Media ==