Tom and Dan talk about the importance of having a polarized approach while selling and address questions about dealing with old-school salespeople who are stuck in their ways, concerns about overselling and not being able to do the work, and accepting the fact that not every client could be yours.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Speaking the language your prospects and audience understand
- Having a polarized approach when selling
- You have to stand out at whatever level you are
Question1: What is the best way to deal with an old-school salesman stuck in his ways?
- Roleplay with the guy — prove the point that you can’t be backed into a corner
- Be the example and the proof of concept to teach them new tricks
Question2: As someone with a small crew who has been booked for over a million dollars project, I have to keep selling to reach my goal, but I’m concerned that I will be unable to do the work.
- Keep selling because you can always find crews to produce
- To scale your business, you must sell and recruit
- Know your numbers and job costs, and then work on finding your ideal clients and raising your prices
Question3: How do you get over the fact that not every phone conversation is my customer?
- You’re marketing to the wrong customer
Submit your questions to email@example.com with the subject “Podcast” and Tom and Dan will try to answer them on an upcoming show.
Visit our sponsors of this episode, NiceJob. NiceJob is Reputation Marketing software that will help your business collect 2-3 times more reviews on Google, Facebook, and the platforms that matter. Don’t forget to use code “Fight” for $50 off the first month on new accounts! https://www.TheContractorFight.com/nicejob
Find out how to put more money in your pocket with our 50% Gross Profit Sheet: https://thecontractorfight.com/50
== Join us in BATTLEGROUND ==
Everything your contracting business needs in one comprehensive program with three main focus areas: Leadership, Communication, and Numbers. For more info check out: https://TheContractorFight.com/Battleground
== Order your free copy of Tom’s book Winning the Contractor Fight (Just pay to ship) ==
== Grab the Gear ==