The guys answer your questions about getting leads, charging for gas prices, giving hard cash discounts, business line of credit, helpful software for contractors, respectfully turning away low-paying jobs, getting subcontractors excited to work for you in the busy season, etc.
In this episode, we talk about…
Question 1: What’s the best way to get leads if you’re just starting your remodeling business?
- Check out Marketing Boot Camp – it’s a series of videos on situations like this (Marketing Boot Camp: https://thecontractorfight.com/marketing-boot-camp/)
- Reach out to people who cross paths with your ideal client, get to know them, and let them know what you’re up to
- Be obsessed with building your brand
Question2: I am still working for another employer until my business picks up. I want to have a website built soon, but I have no pictures of my own work since most belong to the boss. What should I do?
- Do not steal anyone’s pictures
- Purchase some pictures from legal sites and swap those out when you build your own portfolio
Question 3: With these insane gas prices, should we charge for travel, and if so, how and when?
- Raise your prices
- The gas prices and inflation are not your problems— they’re the customers’ problem
- People who make money will not care about inflation when it comes to buying the thing they want
Question4: What should subcontractor pre-qualification include?
- Look at some of their work
- Give them a skill test
Question 5: What advice would you give to someone trying to break into a new market and lure customers away from old contacts?
- Build your brand — when you build your brand and are visible, it is easy to steal clients
- Honor the promises that you make to people
- Answer your phone, and provide an amazing experience
== Join us in BATTLEGROUND ==
Everything your contracting business needs in one comprehensive program with three main focus areas: Leadership, Communication, and Numbers. For more info check out: https://TheContractorFight.com/Battleground
== Order your free copy of Tom’s book Winning the Contractor Fight (Just pay to ship) ==
== Grab the Gear ==
== Find Us on Social Media ==