Enforcing the standards in your company and not being everyone’s buddy doesn’t mean you aren’t likable. It just means that you make the tough decisions when they are needed—that’s what a leader does. Tom’s here to remind you to stop being friends with your employees.
In this episode, we talk about…
- The DiSC profile—(D)ominance, (i)nfluence, (S)teadiness, (C)onscientiousness
- Being clear on the code of conduct of your business
- Befriending your employees is harmful to your company’s future, employees’ ability to grow, and your capability to lead.
- Keep yourself from being friends with your employees—as a leader, you need to take responsibility for your team, set a new standard, communicate and enforce it.
- You can’t be trusted as a leader if you’re not consistently showing up with the communication
- Leadership is influence—if you really want to have influence over your team, you’ve got to build the habit of getting uncomfortable yourself.
- Your number one job is to create leverage in your company and lift everybody up with you
Follow Tom on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/realtomreber
The Contractor Fight Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/thecontractorfight/
The Contractor Fight TV – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEWHDzg1Tnogow9uAL3YESw