Listen in as Tom and Dan answer your questions about restarting your contracting business without any portfolio, the best ways to find general contractors, and finding ideal clients without relying on word-of-mouth.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Question1: I want to re-start my contracting business but have no portfolio of my past work and was an unlicensed contractor. What should my first steps be?
- Hire an attorney—make sure your business entity is correct and is going to protect you
- Get a job working for somebody else while you do your side hustle business to make some money
- Be passionate about building your brand
- Decide what you want your business to look like in the future
- Rent your equipment instead of buying
- Be clear about:
- What you’re going to build
- Is there demand in your market
- Who’s your ideal client
- Question 2: What are the best ways to find general contractors?
- Find companies that you want to align with—take advantage of their schedule crunch
- Make use of social media to market your business
- Question 3: How do I find more ideal customers without word-of-mouth? Despite posting on social networking sites, my target market is not narrowing down.
- There may be no response in the initial phase—but keep posting
- Level up your game and be more personal and more relevant
- Instagram is a goldmine for contractors for building relationships
- Make sure your content resonates with your ideal client
To have your questions answered by Tom and Dan shoot us an email to email@example.com with the subject “Podcast” and we’ll try and answer it on a future show.
Follow Tom on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/realtomreber
Visit our sponsors of this episode, NiceJob. NiceJob is Reputation Marketing software that will help your business collect 2-3 times more reviews on Google, Facebook, and the platforms that matter. Don’t forget to use code “Fight” for $50 off the first month on new accounts! https://www.TheContractorFight.com/nicejob
Order Your Fight Planner – https://thecontractorfight.com/fight-planner