Mental strength is not the same thing as mental health and it’s important to know the difference so you can learn how to manage your emotions when life gets tough. Tom’s guest today is Amy Morin, a successful author, licensed clinical social worker and psychotherapist focused on helping people grow stronger mentally. Amy sheds light on why building your mental strength isn’t all about being tough, easy ways to start building your mental strength, and why it’s never too late to create a positive shift in your life!
In this episode, we talk about…
- How multiple losses led Amy to her current career
- The alarming suicide rate among construction workers
- Difference between being strong vs. acting tough
- Understanding mental strength means managing your thoughts, emotions, behavior
- Focusing on what you can control and on your connection with others
- Being honest about your emotions by aligning words with actions
- Strategies to combat overwhelm: smell the pizza and recall tough times you’ve survived
- Challenges vs. threats and not believing everything you think
- The value of teaching children coping strategies
- Why practicing gratitude is the best way to start improving your mental strength
- Identify and tackle one negative habit to let your good habits grow
The $100k Contractor is designed to get you to at least $100k a year in personal income. It’s time we quit stealing from our families and get that time back!
Learn how to market like a pro in our Marketing Boot Camp!
Want to stop sucking the life out of your contracting business? Join the Contractor Sales Academy and take command of your entire sales process! CSA is a game-changer for your business.