Even if you have no plans to sell your business, you should build it so that others want to buy it! Tom’s guest today is John Warrilow, author of Built to Sell, The Automatic Customer, and most recently, The Art of Selling Your Business which is based on concepts from his Build to Sell podcast. John reveals the secrets of building a business that’ll have buyers knocking at your door!
In this episode, we talk about…
- The secret sauce of recurring revenue
- Niching down and the Trojan Horse effect
- How offering highly differentiated services builds your value
- The essence of building a valuable company is that it works without you
- Recognizing the value of freedom vs. wealth creation
- Why sales are the toughest roles to fill
- Sell less to sell more: Productize your service by offering programs and packages
- Inject as much or more pride in building a company than you do in your job
- Qualities of an ideal salesperson and the ultimate job of any sales manager
- 3 Drivers of Company’s Value :
- Hub & Spoke
- Recurring Revenue
- Growth potential
- Running a company is not a life sentence and it’s okay if you want to sell it
Grab your free gifts at Built to Sell
Contractor Sales Academy Next Level Live 2021
The $100k Contractor is designed to get you to at least $100k a year in personal income. It’s time we quit stealing from our families and get that time back!
Learn how to market like a pro in our Marketing Boot Camp!
Schedule A Contractor Sales Academy Demo
The Contractor Fight Facebook Group
The Contractor Sales Academy Podcast
Want to stop sucking the life out of your contracting business? Join the Contractor Sales Academy and take command of your entire sales process! CSA is a game-changer for your business.