Long term goals are great but it’s what you do day in and day out that really matters. Tom’s guest today is Joe McPherson, owner of Capstone Waterproofing Solutions. He’s an experienced general contractor with only a few years under his belt in offering a specialty service. Joe’s journey to success hasn’t been an easy one, so listen up as he shares how to get the wins you want one moment at a time!
In this episode, we talk about…
- To specialize or not to specialize
- Joe’s perspective as a Black contractor
- Learning to treat the problem vs. the symptom
- The “unfair advantage” of personal experience
- Joe’s darkest moment as a business owner
- Making a plan to reach success one moment at a time
- Advice for implementing the plan—even when you don’t feel like it
- Why success is hard
- Educating clients to turn them into advocates for your business
- What led Joe to have the confidence to raise his prices and maintain his job costs
The $100k Contractor is designed to get you to at least $100k a year in personal income. It’s time we quit stealing from our families and get that time back!
Learn how to market like a pro in our Marketing Boot Camp!
Want to stop sucking the life out of your contracting business? Join the Contractor Sales Academy and take command of your entire sales process! CSA is a game-changer for your business.