Building a home for someone else is more than just a project; it is an intimate experience between client and contractor. Tom’s guest today is John Hourihan, owner of Vintage Builders, a custom home-building company out of Boston. John is also the co-host of the Modern Craftsmen Podcast where he and his friends discuss what it’s like in the contracting business from their individual perspectives and different levels of experience. By being all-in on his projects, John is able to give his clients the intimate experience that they are looking for!
In this episode, we talk about…
- How the Modern Craftsmen Podcast gives back to contractors
- The intimacy of making a custom home for a customer
- You have to be all-in on your craft to succeed in sales
- Different people see success in different ways than you
- When you know it’s time to leave a company
- Building the Vintage Builders brand organically on social media
- Everything you do and don’t do tells a story on social media
- Everyone benefits when the quality of work goes up
Vintage Builders: https://www.vintagebuilders.org/
The Modern Craftsman: https://www.themoderncraftsman.org/
The $100k Contractor is designed to get you to at least $100k a year in personal income. It’s time we quit stealing from our families and get that time back!
Want to stop sucking the life out of your contracting business? Join the Contractor Sales Academy and take command of your entire sales process! CSA is a game-changer for your business.