If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. Tom’s guest today is Colin Toop, the host of the Tools of the Trade podcast, where he talks to other leaders in the construction industry in order to pass on knowledge to the rest of the community. Colin has been an electrician for 14 years now, from being in the trenches all the way to project management. Over that time, Colin has learned what it takes to get far in the construction industry and what not to do. Tune in to learn a ton about how to be successful!
In this episode, we talk about…
- What led to the start of the Tools of the Trade podcast
- Recurring themes across the construction industry
- How the trades are made to look bad from both sides
- Colin’s journey through the construction industry
- Pros and cons of owning your own business
- Bringing a gratitude that you don’t have to wear all the hats
- Know when something is wrong and it’s time to shut down
- The importance of staying transparent with your employees and clients
- Practices to build community and make employees feel like family
- Keeping a virtual bench of employees from other companies
- Would you want to work for you?
Tools of the Trade podcast website: https://www.toolspodcast.com/
Colin’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/colin-toop/?originalSubdomain=ca
Colin’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/toolspodcast/?hl=en
The $100k Contractor is designed to get you to at least $100k a year in personal income. It’s time we quit stealing from our families and get that time back!
Want to stop sucking the life out of your contracting business? Join the Contractor Sales Academy and take command of your entire sales process! CSA is a game-changer for your business.