Everything has been thrown up in the air like we’ve never seen before and it seems like the tendency is for everyone to run around like chickens with their heads cut off. You just don’t have to look at it that way. Abraham Lincoln said, “If I have 6 hours to cut down a tree, I’m going to spend 4 hours sharpening the ax.” Now is the time to sharpen the ax. Wherever there is crisis, there is also opportunity. Tom’s guest today is Todd Dawalt, a man who specializes in finding those opportunities. Todd is an executive business coach and brings a ton of great content for the construction industry on his podcast, Construction Leading Edge. He knows all about the different opportunities that are presented during times of crisis and how to jump on those opportunities. If you don’t think you are going to survive this thing, then close shop, but if you plan on being in business after this, look for the opportunity. Just make the decision! Stay tuned for Todd’s 2-word question that has made him hundreds of thousands of dollars!
In this episode, we talk about…
- Finding the opportunity amid the sea of crisis
- Sharpen the ax by hoarding the profit that you have in your backlog
- The phase of the project that can help you keep a lot of the profit
- Find the customer’s motivations so you can give them the best experience possible
- Todd’s 2-word question that has made him hundreds of thousands of dollars
- Problems that contractors run into that lead to profit leads
- Just make a decision about the future of your business
Check out EP156 of Todd’s podcast for the 8 profit bleeds that are killing contractors!
Text CONTRACTOR FIGHT to 877-807-1740 to get more connected and help you build a better business
Want to stop sucking the life out of your contracting business? Join the Contractor Sales Academy and take command of your entire sales process! CSA is a game changer for your business.