Today, Tom’s guests are Andrew Houston and Liam Morin from Profit For Contractors. Liam and Andrew have a book coming out called, How to Steal Your Competitors’ Tradespeople Ethically. Today they share some strategies and tactics to help you attract your competitors’ employees and make them want to work for you.
In this episode, we talk about…
- What the book How to Steal Your Competitors’ Tradespeople Ethically is all about
- The realities all tradespeople are experiencing
- How COVID has affected the contracting industry
- If you want to succeed in your business, pick up the phone and answer your clients
- Best ethical ways of stealing the best talent from your competition
- How to truly become a business owner
- The biggest thing plaguing contractors right now is their victim mindset around hiring.
- Build yourself from the inside out, and then invest—start with investing in the people that you have on your team right now
- Give your best to your teammates or employees to help them to reach their goals
- The place that you’ve got to build a great environment is with the people that you have right now
- The foundational principles of communication
- If you want to hire the best employees, go to the Instagram profile of the top 10 contractors in your area—copy their job add, change five things on it and repost it
- The worst time to hire is when you need somebody.
Profitable Contractors Association FB Group Link – https://www.facebook.com/groups/contractortips
Get a copy of the book here: https://www.contractorhiringmastery.com/earlybird-1
Follow Tom on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/realtomreber
The Contractor Fight Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/thecontractorfight/
The Contractor Fight TV – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEWHDzg1Tnogow9uAL3YESw