Al Retired before the age of 50 and is now living in Phoenix, Arizona. Al’s passion is for helping others build better business with systems, planning and organizing.
- Al’s family business was started in 1936. But by the time he walked in as a 3rd generation it was running chaos and he knew something had to change. He had to work ON the business not just IN the business.
- Create written manuals: Without a documented systematic approach you will waste time on repeating the same steps.
- If you can handle 80% of your business with manuals and written documentation, you are then free to take care of the little issues that need your hands on help.
- Planning Power – Work on the right things, the right way at the right time.
- How to take control:
- Biggest Challenge/ Problem
- Greatest Opportunity to grow and be profitable
- Find your top 30 things that you need to take control and boil these down to Top 5 to work on this year.
- Staffing Power: Find the holes you need to fill and fix them.
Only hiring willing people and train them the way you want.
- Marketing Power: Right amount of calls with the right customer at the right time.
- Be realistic when budgeting
- Make sure you delegate well in clarity. Put it in writing with specific guidelines.
The 7-Power Contractor: Run Your Contracting Business With Less Stress and More Success: