Not everyone has the stomach for what it takes to be successful in sales. That’s just the cold hard truth. It’s not meant for everyone. People who quit or never even attempt sales don’t have the balls to have the hard conversations. In order to be successful in this game, you have to get your ass kicked at some point. Just like in the Marines, you have to be broken down before you can possibly be built up to new heights. You can go through the pain of going through all of the practices and role-plays, or the pain of being stuck on the hamster wheel for the rest of your career. Choose your pain.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Why the Marine Core has the best marketing strategy in the world
- Practicing the great takeaway strategy
- Choosing your pain so that you come out the other end as a pro
- Thinking that you know how to sell just because you can talk to someone
- Having humility and recognizing that you don’t know everything
- How to know when you are ready for The Bridge
- Knowing that you will inevitably have to go through some bs
- Developing intuition as a result of so much time spent in the game
Want to stop sucking the life out of your contracting business? Join the Contractor Sales Academy and take command of your entire sales process! CSA is a game-changer for your business.