There is one thing in life that scares people more than anything in the world, and it’s not what you might think. Change. Changing anything means starting over and an inevitable period of being uncomfortable. We as people are so resistant to change because of the fear of leaving what we know. The thing about change is if we are willing to do it, we can push our ceiling higher in the long run. Contractors fear the answers to the hard questions because it’s not a good feeling, but that’s the only way you are going to send your sales through the roof. Change your grip on your sales process.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Steve’s history behind “change your grip”
- Reasons that people avoid change in the sales process
- Biting off more than you can chew
- Being willing to say what needs to be said to the client
- Committing to working through that discomfort for a period of time
- Knowing that the customer has a number in mind
- Copying someone who is doing what you want to do
- Making the person on the other side of the phone feel important
Want to stop sucking the life out of your contracting business? Join the Contractor Sales Academy and take command of your entire sales process! CSA is a game-changer for your business.