With Tom out of the studio today, Steve and Derek take the opportunity to talk about role-playing. It cannot be overstated how important it is to practice what you want to be good at. Practicing your techniques religiously will make you way more proficient than those who conduct the trial by fire technique. We have Travis in the studio to explain how the art of the Shin-Fu roleplay came to be and how to use it for the forces of good… sales.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Difficulties of starting to roleplay
- Slowing the conversation down to fend off objections
- What happens when you are unwilling to put in the work
- Consequences of putting in the work
- Changing the conversation with the customer
- Overcoming the initial fear of role-playing