You have to have a process and the courage to stick to your process in order to be successful. The goal of a contractor is to collect the deposit check. That is the end game. You have to have a brutally honest conversation with these people that you have never met before and it’s going to be hard. That is the only way to make sure that the client is 100% committed. By the time you get to the door, the sale should be done. Going to the client’s house should just be a formality. The Bridge, through Contractor Sales Academy, can give you that structure and ability to sell confidently.
Most potential clients are going to view you as a used-car salesman and because of that, they will be very guarded. Due to that fact, they will lie to you so that they have time to gather information. Do not let this deviate you from your course. The importance of sticking to your process cannot be stressed enough. When you deviate from that process, you lose every time.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How to define “process”
- What it means to win using your process
- Common lies that you will hear from potential clients
- The importance of sticking to your process
- Opening the door to bad habits
- Time that you can save when sticking to your process
- Red flags that your prospect is shopping bids
- Realizing when you are being played