Many small business owners are dragging their feet when it comes to creating educational content for their websites. This content can be in the form of a written blog, a video, podcast, etc. I hear often things like, “I know I really need to take some time to provide content,” or “Once ________ happens I will start.”
I have high hopes of urging you to get off your tail and create content. Here are a few reasons why you may want to start now:
- Content that answers customer questions will position you as the expert in your field. Experts get more business.
- Creating content will keep you on your toes and up to date with the latest trends, products and ideas in your niche.
- It will help you get more in touch with your ideal client and this will help you to connect with them in stronger ways.
- Uncle Google loves data. When you update your site with relevant and helpful content for your clients, Google will reward you with traffic.
- The more content you have on your site, the less time you need to pre-qualify people. When you talk about price, your methods and your mindset people will either ‘get’ you or they won’t. The ones who contact you after they’ve been on your site will be stronger prospects.
- You can use your content in the sales process. You can send follow-up emails with links to stuff you’ve created months or years ago that will educate them further.
- You can use it on the appropriate social media channels and engage with your peeps there.
- Imagine if you created one piece of content each week and started a year ago you would have 52 pieces of valuable stuff on your site. Think that won’t make a difference?
There are certainly more reasons why your should create content for your website now. These should give you a shove in the right direction.
Content matters if you want to build a strong business. Get started today. You won’t regret it!
[us_btn text=”Need help with your content plan? Start here.” size=”” align=”left” icon=”” target=”_blank” color=”contrast” link=”url:http%3A%2F%2Fmotorhard.com%2F1-2-1-coaching%2F”]