There was a post in the Facebook Group the other day about posting your prices on your website. I am posting my thoughts based on being someone WHO HAS ACTUALLY SOLD MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF SERVICES AS A RESULT OF POSTING PRICING ON MY WEBSITES.
First, let’s start with why contractors fight this whole putting prices on their websites:
- You’re afraid your competition will see it.
- You’re afraid that prospects will see it and not call you.
- You’re afraid of the price not being accurate and then getting yourself into trouble.
There are other fears… these are the most common.
I won’t address all these fears individually in this post. All I can say is that these fears can all be dealt with in a very simple approach to your marketing… Commit to Being the Best Educator.
Why Being Transparent with your Pricing Makes Sense
- It’s not about YOU. It’s about your prospects & clients. Make things easier on them. Make it about THEM and you will win.
- It builds trust.
- It helps you in search engines. One of the most searched topics is what do things cost. When you answer this question you become the authority.
- Not everyone is a fit for your business. This is your first line of defense (pre-qualification). You don’t want the wrong prospects stealing your time. Nor do you want to waste theirs.
- You will stand out and differentiate from your competitors. In a world where contractors are little pussies when it comes to talking about money, you are owning the conversation with confidence. This is refreshing for the prospect.
I encourage you to step up and commit to being the authority in your industry.